- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Sandra Porter Linked Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Select 2018: My Nature
- Future Exhibitions
- Select Festival 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
All Museum vacancies will be advertised on the Jobs Page of Stroud District Council's Website.
Project: Supporter/Membership Scheme run by the Museum in the Park.
The Museum in the Park (a Stroud District Council service) is inviting bids from a suitably qualified and experienced consultant in the field of Membership/Supporter Schemes in the cultural sector.
The Museum is successful, having grown and sustained visits in person at 55,000 a year. We remain a free to enter Museum that is supported by the wider community. This presents a strong position from which to introduce and develop a Membership/Support Scheme, as long as the business plan and proposal is undertaken effectively.
With funding from Arts Council England’s Catalyst Small Grants Programme the successful applicant will combine their knowledge and experience to consult, scope viability, feasibility and affordability of a supporter scheme run by the Museum in the Park – creating a sound business case to support a funding application. For full details please refer to the Consultant Brief.
The Consultant(s) is expected to be appointed in May to start in June 2018 and conclude the project deliverables by end of January 2019.
Closing date 5pm Wednesday 25th April 2018.
Full details are contained in our Consultant Brief.
For further contact or queries please contact Kevin Ward, Museum Development Manager on 01453 763394 or email@example.com (excluding 7th April to 15th April).
Plan your visit
Select a date to see what’s on. We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays)