- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Festive Winter Weekend
- Future Exhibitions
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Objects - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Objects - Spanners
- Featured Objects - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Objects - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
The Museum offers a fantastic range of exciting activity days for school children, particularly Keystage 1 and 2. Check out the information on this page to find out about the variety of activities we offer and then please get in contact with our Learning and Programmes Officer to create the perfect visit for you and your school!
School Time Boxes
The Museum in the Park offers a number of School Time Boxes, details of which can be found by clicking here.
To discuss and check the availability of our boxes, please contact the Learning and Programmes Officer on 01453 763394.
Use the Drop Down menu to select the school programme you're interested in
Before you visit
Any educational visit consisting of more than ten people must be booked with our Learning Programmes Officer.
Any group interested in visiting should get in contact to discuss and create the best programme for you and your students.
It is also necessary to organise appropriate support, in accordance with county guidelines. Many classes benefit from the extra help, ensuring that all of you enjoy the best possible visit!
To discuss any of these matters, please call the Learning and Programmes Officer on 01453 763394 or submit a request via our Booking a Visit page.
Entrance to the Museum is free. However, there will be a fee for any Museum-led sessions you have booked: the fee will have been agreed prior to your visit, with the Learning Programmes Officer.
Tours of Ebley Mill
The Museum also offers a fantastic opportunity for school children to investigate Ebley Mill, now the headquarters of Stroud District Council.
Explore the building, looking for evidence of its past life and find out all about the fascinating role of the canals in Stroud's rich industrial history.
For more information about what you'll see and do on the day, please click here or call our Learning and Programmes Officer on 01453 763394.
Did you know?
In addition to the activities listed in the drop down menu, the Museum also offers 'tailor-made' activities. If you are interested in such an activity please get in contact with our Learning and Programmes Officer by calling us on 01453 763394.
Digital Stroud - An online a celebration of Stroud past, present and future.