- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Festive Winter Weekend
- Future Exhibitions
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Objects - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Objects - Spanners
- Featured Objects - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Objects - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
PRIVACY NOTICE: SPORTS, LEISURE AND PARKS
Service specific details provided in addition to the Council’s General Privacy Notice – please see Sections 1 to 10
Service Area: Museum in the Park
Contact details: email@example.com
Date reviewed: March 2018
PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE INFORMATION IS BEING SOUGHT:
- To process and administer bookings.
- To manage museum collections and associated information.
- To provide an enquiry service in connection with exhibitions and collections.
- To maintain a contacts register for those working or volunteering in the field of heritage or museums (e.g. Trustees, Friends Committee, Local History Society reps, museum volunteers).
- To maintain a mailing list and take photographs for marketing and information purposes.
INFORMATION WILL BE HELD IN THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
- Electronic document retention system.
- Email pending filing within relevant document retention system.
THE INFORMATION WILL BE USED TO:
- Comply with contractual obligations under a contract for the hire of Museum facilities or the display of collections by the Museum.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest namely deliver a Museum Service with community involvement and respond to enquiries for information made to the Museum Service.
- In accordance with the data subject’s express consent in the following circumstances:
- Maintaining a mailing list for the purpose of sending promotional material and information regarding operational changes
- Maintaining a contacts register
- Taking photographs.
SENSITIVE INFORMATION WILL BE USED:
- In accordance with the explicit consent of the data subject (e.g. medical conditions for workshop attendees).
THE TIME THE INFORMATION WILL BE HELD:
As provided for in the Council’s document retention policy here (opens Word Document)
WHEN & WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED:
With whom & When
- Shared with event provider/workshop in appropriate cases. When: Before scheduled event.
- Photographs may be sent to printers/publishers for the purposes of producing Museum material. When: Upon request.
Did you know?
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) role is to uphold information rights in the public interest, more can be found out here
Stroud District Council's Privacy Notice (of which the Museum Service is a part) can be found here.
The Museum Service's Document Retention Policy forms part of the Council's Policy. Please visit here (opens Word Document).
Plan your visit
Select a date to see what’s on. We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays)