- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Garden Party for Democracy
- July Festival Weekend 2018
- Future Exhibitions
- Arthur Penn: Apple Tree Moon
- Yasemin Wigglesworth: A4
- Hannah Dyson: Landscape and Fairytale
- Stroud School of Art Show 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Secret Artist 2014 - Save the date!
Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th November, 11am – 4pm.
Back by popular demand, this fabulous exhibition of postcard art by professional artists from near and far and up and coming art students from South Gloucestershire and Stroud College School of Art promises to delight, inspire and amuse...Its a fun and eccentric ‘secret sale' too, in aid of Stroud's very own Secret Garden.
For a donation of £15 you'll be given a ‘Secret Artist' ticket which will entitle you to one of the artworks on display, but no one will know which one until after the exhibition ends and ticket numbers are matched with the hidden, randomly numbered postcard numbers... A lovely way to support an exciting project and an unusual way to buy an unusual Christmas gift or two!
Complimentary refreshments will be served and there will be ‘behind the walls' tours of the Walled Garden at 3pm each day. Much progress has been made this year and we'd love to tell you all about it!
Children can enjoy a Secret Garden trail around the Museum, and families looking for an extra special family portrait can visit the Secret Garden Silhouette Studio. Presented by paper cut artist Yasmine Wigglesworth and photographer Kate Beer, this contemporary take on the 18th and 19th century tradition of silhouette portraits is an enchanting way to capture an image of your children or grandchildren before they grow up. A jpeg portrait costs £30, first come, first served, with a share of all proceeds supporting the Walled Garden.
Hope you can make it ... with your help we really can open up and transform the Walled Garden for everyone to enjoy!
Secret Artist 2014: 15th & 16th November only, 11am – 4pm.
Also on show ...
Stroud School of Art Tutors' Show: 15th - 30th November
'Art in Boxes' Mini Exhibition by Stroud School of Art students: 15th – 30th November
Secret Artist is generously supported by Creative Picture Framing, Cirencester and organised by Museum Friends in collaboration with Stroud School of Art, SGS College.
Photograph taken from original photograph by Steve Russell.
The first Stroud Shakespeare Festival
Get ready to enjoy the first Stroud Shakespeare Festival from 31st May - 2nd June 2018!
The fascination of the Museum Collection
Photographer, Theo Deproost, talks about the hidden gems within the Museum collection.
Art Lovers Weekend at the Museum
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March are packed full of artistic exploration at the Museum in the Park!
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on