- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Knitting Picnic Party
- Shakespeare Festival
- Garden Party for Democracy
- Future Exhibitions
- Lost for Words
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
You are invited to step inside a world-famous sculptor's studio!
'Lynn Chadwick: the Maker's Studio' - 14th June to 13th July.
Lynn Chadwick CBE (1914 – 2003) lived and worked for much of his life here in the Stroud valleys. To celebrate his centenary, Gallery Pangolin presents a very unusual exhibition - the first ever recreation of his working studio.
This unique exhibition offers visitors a fascinating insight into how Chadwick actually worked, the tools he used and how he created his incredible sculptures. This is a ‘must-see' exhibition, whether you know his work well or have never heard of him before!
The exhibition is being supported by local firm Daniels TV, and by UK company BOC, a division of the international Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company. Nathan Palmer, Director of bulk and packaged gases at BOC, says: “We are extremely pleased to support Lynn Chadwick's centenary celebration. BOC is very proud that this important British sculptor was a long term customer of our gases and we hope that BOC's vintage collection of 1950s welding equipment will lend authenticity to the studio reconstruction.”
Lynn Chadwick: the Maker's Studio is curated by Gallery Pangolin and shows until 13 July 2014.
Photograph: Lynn Chadwick, photograph by Stan Dutton, courtesy Lypiatt Studio
Art Lovers Weekend at the Museum
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March are packed full of artistic exploration at the Museum in the Park!
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
December Deep Clean
It’s almost December and we’re once again getting that deep-clean feeling. The Museum will be closing its doors for 2017 from December 4, when we’ll be sprucing the place up for a reopening on New Year’s Day. Read on to find out more about exactly what we get up in this month of closing.
Walled Garden Highly Commended
We are delighted to announce that Austin Design Works have received an award from the Landscape Institute for the Walled Garden project, here at the Museum in the Park.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on