- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Festive Winter Weekend
- Future Exhibitions
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Objects - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Objects - Spanners
- Featured Objects - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Objects - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Meet the Curator events this August
Take a journey to the Museum this August and get up close to the collection!
What connects Bugs and Butterflies, Trains and Railways, India and the Romans? Answer: they are all the subject of our popular ‘Meet the Curator’ events this August.
Held on Wednesday afternoons (2pm-4pm) during the summer holidays these events give you the opportunity to see the breadth and depth of the museum collection and get up close to artefacts from our stores – all with links to the story of this District!
Bug & Butterflies 1st August; Trains & Railways 8th August; India to Stroud 15th August; Romans in Stroud 22nd August.
Free, donations welcome.
For more about the collection click here.
For our opening times click here.
Image: Wilf Merrett Collection (ref:2007.183/383), Museum in the Park
Walled Garden a Regional Finalist
The Walled Garden Project is a Regional Finalist in the 2019 Civic Trust Awards.
Collections inspire IN-Sight
A new exhibition showcases work inspired by the Museum Collections.
Accredited Museum launches summer programme
Eight brilliant free and low-priced activities to enjoy this summer at Stroud Museum in the Park.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on