- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Summer Events in the Garden and Park
- Future Exhibitions
- Hannah Dyson: Landscape and Fairytale
- Stroud School of Art Show 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Art Lovers Weekend at the Museum
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March are packed full of artistic exploration at the Museum in the Park!
Calling all art lovers – here's a look at what's in store for you on 24th and 25th March.
Saturday 24 March | 2pm | £5
SANDRA PORTER ARTIST'STALK
Join Sandra Porter for a illustrated talk about her work, recent Drawing Projects residency and inspirations followed by an informal tour of the gallery, including tea and cake. To book call 01453 763394.
Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 March | 11am – 4pm | Free entry 'BEYOND THE GATE - CERAMIC WORKS INSPIRED BY THE SECRET GARDEN'
An exhibition by Stroud Ceramic Artists
Stroud Ceramic Artists present an exhibition of varied ceramic works made in response to the Walled Garden at the Museum. SCA are a recently formed group of ceramic sculptors working under the guidance of tutor and artist Emily Joy, whose diverse practises and methods are united by their love of clay and ceramic processes.
Over the last six months the group have been developing ceramic and mixed-media work in response to the history, planting, layout and materials of the garden. Works vary in scale and theme, some pieces are conceptual whilst some are materials based, but all explore the wonderful things that occur inside the four walls of this very special place.
The exhibition will be accompanied by a free, drop-in workshop - come and contribute to our large collaborative piece and have a little play with some wonderful clay!
Meet the artists at the Private View on Friday 23 March between 6pm and 8pm.
Sunday 25 March | 11am – 3pm (drop in) | Free MEET ARTIST IN RESIDENCE, SUE BROWN Sue Brown will be in residence in the foyer café. Come and meet her and find out more about the medals she's created for her final Echoes in Enamel project, a series inspired by the Museum's WW1 archives and the hidden stories it reveals.
The first Stroud Shakespeare Festival
Get ready to enjoy the first Stroud Shakespeare Festival from 31st May - 2nd June 2018!
The fascination of the Museum Collection
Photographer, Theo Deproost, talks about the hidden gems within the Museum collection.
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on