- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Select 2018: My Nature
- School Holiday Activities
- Knitting Picnic Party
- Shakespeare Festival
- Garden Party for Democracy
- Future Exhibitions
- Lost for Words
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Museum Art Gallery Runner Up in Gloucestershire Awards
The Museum in the Park's Art Gallery was recently voted 'Runner Up' in the Gloucestershire Muddy Stilettos Awards 2017.
The Museum in the Park's Art Gallery was recently voted 'Runner Up' in the Gloucestershire Muddy Stilettos Awards 2017. The award for 'Best Art Gallery in Gloucestershire' went to New Brewery Arts in Cirencester but staff at the Stroud venue were delighted with the compliment of 'second place' and the support shown by members of the public.
The ethos of Muddy Stilettos is all about celebrating and supporting the most unique, interesting, brilliant local businesses in a fun way. For details of the 2017 results see https://glos.muddystilettos.co.uk/awards/
Meanwhile, behind the scenes at the Museum, plans are taking shape for an exciting and eclectic Art Gallery programme. Hot on the heels of Adam White's unique mix of art and geology will be documentary photographs by Deborah Roberts. Her current project is a record of the rich grasslands of the Stroud District and the work of farmers and conservation groups who are caring for these important habitats.
August will see a gallery takeover by cutting edge, contemporary artist-curators Robbins and Roberts. They'll be transforming the space into 'The Robbins and Roberts Pleasure Gardens of LOVE'!
September is set for a welcome return of the School of Art Staff Show and as the nights start to draw in during October, acclaimed tapestry artist Anne Jackson will unveil her darkly thought-provoking series, ‘Certaine Wytches'.
The 2017 programme will draw to a close with the international Cheltenham Illustration Awards. The theme will be ‘Tales Through Others Eyes', inviting illustrators and viewers to imagine the world from a different perspective, whether refugee, migrant, outcast or ‘other'.
Art Lovers Weekend at the Museum
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March are packed full of artistic exploration at the Museum in the Park!
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
December Deep Clean
It’s almost December and we’re once again getting that deep-clean feeling. The Museum will be closing its doors for 2017 from December 4, when we’ll be sprucing the place up for a reopening on New Year’s Day. Read on to find out more about exactly what we get up in this month of closing.
Walled Garden Highly Commended
We are delighted to announce that Austin Design Works have received an award from the Landscape Institute for the Walled Garden project, here at the Museum in the Park.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on