- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Garden Party for Democracy
- July Festival Weekend 2018
- Future Exhibitions
- Arthur Penn: Apple Tree Moon
- Yasemin Wigglesworth: A4
- Hannah Dyson: Landscape and Fairytale
- Stroud School of Art Show 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
The alternative St Georges Day at The Museum in the Park, Stroud
Stroud's Museum in the Park is set to mark a wonderfully quirky alternative to St George's Day on Sunday 23 April, 3pm–5pm.
A thrilling afternoon of Dragon Tales and Dragon Tracking celebrates ‘National Dragon Day', which is an idea hatched by Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer as a different take on the dragon slaying saint's day.
Following her popular appearance at the Museum last summer, Agent Green is back – and she's bringing a friend, Agent Krisa the Keeper of Tales from DCHQ Dragon Conservation Headquarters. At 3pm Agent Krisa tells magical Dragon Tales from around the world, including the heroic legend of England's patron saint. Then at 4pm Agent Green leads a Dragon Tracking & Survival exercise in Stratford Park, including more stories, dragon care and training, and her version of the truth about George!
Families are invited to come and join Agent Green (played by Chloe of the Midnight Storytellers) and Agent Krisa, Keeper of Dragon Tales (played by storyteller Kirsty Hartsiotis). This special event is open to children aged 5 and is ideal for 7 to 12 year olds. The fabulous family ticket costs just £10 and admits up to 5 children, and accompanying adults get to enjoy it for free!
To book places call the Museum on 01453 763394.
The first Stroud Shakespeare Festival
Get ready to enjoy the first Stroud Shakespeare Festival from 31st May - 2nd June 2018!
The fascination of the Museum Collection
Photographer, Theo Deproost, talks about the hidden gems within the Museum collection.
Art Lovers Weekend at the Museum
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March are packed full of artistic exploration at the Museum in the Park!
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on