- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Summer Events in the Garden and Park
- Future Exhibitions
- Hannah Dyson: Landscape and Fairytale
- Stroud School of Art Show 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Motoring Heritage brought to life
This year's Heritage Open Day event at The Museum in the Park celebrated the engineering history of Stroud District in a new and unique way
The famous Baughan motorcycle, usually a revered museum piece kept carefully behind glass, went on a voyage around the park to the great delight of onlookers of all ages. Also on display were vintage bikes and cars from a variety of local enthusiasts including a 1930 Rudge Special, a 1960 Morris Minor and a 1923 Morgan Grand-Prix.
'The day was a great hit with visitors,' said Alexia Clark, Museum Collections Officer. 'Some lucky people even got to have a ride in the Baughan sidecar! One could say history was truly being brought to life!'
The event was organised in association with the British Motorcycle Charitable Trust to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Baughan motorcycle winning its last Cotswold Cup. If you missed it this year, look out for another chance to see the bike in action next year. This popular museum object can also be viewed inside the Museum which is open every day except Monday.
The event on Sunday 11th September was part of the Museum's Collections Programme which highlights and explores aspects of Stroud District's fascinating heritage through objects cared for by the Museum.
Keep an eye on the Museum's website for future happenings!
The first Stroud Shakespeare Festival
Get ready to enjoy the first Stroud Shakespeare Festival from 31st May - 2nd June 2018!
The fascination of the Museum Collection
Photographer, Theo Deproost, talks about the hidden gems within the Museum collection.
Art Lovers Weekend at the Museum
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March are packed full of artistic exploration at the Museum in the Park!
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on