- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Summer Events in the Garden and Park
- Future Exhibitions
- Hannah Dyson: Landscape and Fairytale
- Stroud School of Art Show 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
We are looking for a number of Volunteer Visitor Assistants to help us provide a warm and welcome experience to our 55,000 annual visitors, and to assist with the daily running of the Museum and Walled Garden.
If you would like to learn more about local history and the role the Stroud District has played internationally and enjoy meeting people, then consider joining the museum team.
The Museum has been given an award by Stroud District Council for the skills provided through our volunter and work experience programme. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, maintain existing ones or even share them with us!
To apply for volunteering opportunities please complete this application form.
For an informal chat please contact Charlotte Hough, Museum Volunteer Coordinator, see Contact Us.
For Work Experience opportunities please visit Stroud District Council's Work Placements page by clicking here.
Did you know?
You'll be in good company. We have more than 40 regular volunteers who bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and stories to share with our visitors.
Plan your visit
Select a date to see what’s on. We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays)