- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Sandra Porter Linked Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Select 2018: My Nature
- Future Exhibitions
- Select Festival 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Walled Garden - Awards and Inspiration
It has been a busy month after the opening of the Pavilion in February. We've been busy working with the Friends to seek the final funding for the entranceway. In addition, we have welcomed our first schools into the Pavilion and won a design award!
The Museum was delighted to receive a design award for the Learning Pavilion in the Stroud Town Council annual community awards. The design award is nominated by the Stroud Civic Society and a presentation was given on the evening by the society about the Pavilion. The certificate was awarded ‘for an elegant and bold modern addition in a sensitive historic setting’.
In March pupils from Stroud Valleys Community School became the first ever class to visit the new Learning Pavilion at the Museum more in this news release.
Collectively the Walled Garden project is already beginning to inspire in many different ways, and it's not even 'complete' yet!
The image on this page shows pupils from Stroud Valleys Community Primary School looking for fossils in front of the new Learning Pavilion.
For more on the Walled Garden plan visit: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/walled-garden-project/
More information about the Friends of the Museum can be found here: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/friends-of-the-museum/
Older Blog Items
Walled Garden - Springing into Life
This time last year the hard landscaping of the Walled Garden had just been completed - difficult to remember now, how it looked!
Walled Garden - Now Open!
The Walled Garden is brought back to life...
Walled Garden - Secrets to be revealed
A lot has been happening in the background in the Walled Garden...
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on