- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Knitting Picnic Party
- Shakespeare Festival
- Garden Party for Democracy
- Future Exhibitions
- Lost for Words
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2018 Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Featured Objects - the Berkeley Maces
- Featured Object - Anglo Saxon Mill Paddles from Nailsworth
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Walled Garden - Volunteers need your vote...
The Museum in the Park Walled Garden volunteer project has been chosen by the Engage Foundation as one of their ‘community award’ projects, where the public can choose to vote for their favourite idea to receive funds.
To complete the first step of the project, materials such as topsoil, hedging and seeds need to be purchased. The Public can vote to support this bid to Engage Mutual’s Community Awards fund.. Voting for the project opened on 1st April, and continues until 30th May 2014. To register your vote for the Walled Garden Volunteers Project, please visit: www.engagemutual.com/foundation/projects/walled-garden-volunteers-project
The Walled Garden once served the Stratford Park mansion, now the Museum in the Park. The ‘secret’ garden has never been open to the public, and has been derelict for many years.
Six months ago, a team of volunteers, funded by a grant from Arts Council England, began working in the Garden. Each Monday, in wind, rain (and sometimes, sunshine!), the team tackled the overgrown, dilapidated space. Now, thanks to their efforts, one area of the Garden is nearing completion, with new paths and a lawn.
“It’s so exciting to see how far the project has already progressed. We feel such a part of the Garden now” said one volunteer, Dave, from Stroud Valleys’ Project, “ I’m starting to be able to picture it as it’ll be when it’s finished”,
Museum Volunteer Janet said,” I hope that the work continues in the garden until it truly becomes a place for the people of Stroud and visitors to enjoy.”
More information on the Walled Garden Project can be found on our website by clicking here.
Older Blog Items
Walled Garden - Blooming!
In its first full year the Walled Garden continues to amaze and delight visitors.
Walled Garden - Springing into Life
This time last year the hard landscaping of the Walled Garden had just been completed - difficult to remember now, how it looked!
Walled Garden - Now Open!
The Walled Garden is brought back to life...
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on