- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Certain Wytches Events
- Stroud Book Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Cheltenham Illustration Awards: Tales Through Others Eyes
- La Nina Aurelia
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Stroud Book Festival
Events at the Museum
Take a look at the events we have lined up as part of the Stroud Book Festival.
Workshop with Andrew Morrison
Saturday 4 November | 10:30am - 4pm | £25/£20 concessions
Join book artist and lecturer Andrew Morrison for a creative one day workshop in the ‘Secret Garden’ Learning Pavilion. We’ll be making beautiful, unique books that have hidden compartments and concealed pages - books perfect for holding secrets! This special workshop is suitable for adults, and also ideal for students aged 16 who’d like to expand their art and design portfolios.
Basic materials will be provided but participants are encouraged to being along their favourites papers and ‘secrets’ to hide within their book – perhaps letters, poems, small artefacts?
Tea and coffee provided but bring a packed lunch.
Booking necessary, please call us on 01453 763394.
Family Drop In Workshop with Hannah Shaw: Villains and Baddies!
Saturday 4 November | 11:30am - 3:30pm | £2
Join local illustrator Hannah Shaw and imagine and make some stick puppet characters – they may be scary, creepy or just badly behaved! A creative drop in workshop for families with children aged 5 and above.
Meet Uley Blue
Saturday 4 November | 2pm - 4pm | Free
Come along and meet Uley Blue, a little hare with a big imagination! Join local illustrator Tracy Spiers for the launch of her new picture book inspired by adventures in the Museum. Make your own bookmark and follow the Uley Blue I Spy trail too. All welcome.
Family Drop In Workshop with Marth Lightfoot: Magical Mini Books
Sunday 5 November | 11:30am - 3:30pm | £2
Join local illustrator Martha Lightfoot and make a magical mini book! Fill its pages with a spellbinding story complete with a hidden pocket to hide your secrets in. A creative family drop in workshop for families with children aged 5 plus.
Wise Women and Witches: Haunting Tales with Fiona Eadie
Sunday 5 November | 3pm | £5/£3 children
Join storyteller Fiona Eadie for haunting, magical stories from around the world. For adults and for children aged five and above.
Booking necessary, please call on 01453 763394.
Plan your visit
Select a date to see what’s on. We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays)