- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Future Exhibitions
- Moving Art: Animation in Stroud
- Anglia Textile Works: Spring Exhibition
- Select Festival 2017: Dis/rupt
- Adam White: Palaeontology is a Dangerous Beast
- Deborah Roberts: Grasslands of the Stroud Valleys
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Illustrators Fair
- Moving Art: Aardman Workshops
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Museum Opening Times
Admission to the Museum is free.
Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
We are open January-November as follows:
Tuesday to Friday: 10am-4pm*
Saturday, Sunday (and Bank Holidays): 11am-4pm*
*During April to September we close at 5pm.
We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays), we are open on Good Friday.
December 2017: We will be open on Friday 1st (10am-4pm), Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd December (11am - 5pm).
We are closed for the rest of December for object conservation and deep cleaning.
We re-open on 1st January 2018!
Please call 01453 763394 if you have any further enquiries.
Did you know?
The Museum has a variety of exciting events, to find out more about what we have coming up please visit our Calendar page.
Plan your visit
Select a date to see what’s on. We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays)