- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Future Exhibitions
- Select Festival 2017: Dis/rupt
- Adam White: Palaeontology is a Dangerous Beast
- Deborah Roberts: Grasslands of the Stroud Valleys
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- School Holiday Activities
- Anglia Textile Works: Events
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
15 Years of the Museum in the Park!
Visit us this Easter to help us begin to celebrate our 15th birthday!
2016 is the 15th birthday of the Museum in the Park and we want you to come and share it with us. Throughout the year we will have special events to mark this wonderful occasion.
This Easter we’d love as many people as possible to help us celebrate 15 years of The Museum in the Park by coming along for our new ’15 and Counting’ FREE Museum objects trail to be launched on the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, as well as our ever popular Museum ‘Easter Bunny’ Hunt.
'15 and Counting'
26, 27 & 28 March 2016 (open 11am – 4pm). Come along and try our new trail which marks the 15th anniversary of the Museum’s move to Stratford Park. You’ll be rewarded with a new Museum button badge when you complete the challenge, and a chance to enter our special Spring Prize Draw. There will be 15 fabulous prizes to be won, from chocolate and sweet treats to free tickets for special events!
Easter Bunny Trail
Saturday 26 March, Sunday 27 March & Bank Holiday Monday 28 March 2016 (we are closed Good Friday 25th March). Can you find all the Easter Bunnies hiding around the Museum? A fun trail for families, especially for younger children. Includes a mini chocolate egg or sticker when you complete the trail!
The Museum and the collection is of course much older than 15 years (millions of years in some cases!). To find out more about the history of the museum which is over 115 years old, please visit: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/the-history-of-the-museum/
Photograph: Steve Marshfield
Animation in Stroud
Did you know that Stroud was home to a famous animation studio? It is a story that was left untold, until now.
Tales of Nonsense...
To coincide with the ‘Tales of Nonsense' 2016 Cheltenham Illustration Awards exhibition at the Museum in the Park, a pop up Illustrators' Fair is set to be staged on Saturday 4th March.
Preliminary Design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre
One highlight from our recent acquisitions case is a 1971 booklet showing an artist's impression of the main hall.
Inspired Tales - Storytelling Workshop For Adults
Celebrate this year's National Storytelling Week and try the storyteller's craft for yourself in a Sunday workshop at Stroud's Museum in the Park on 5 February.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on