- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- School Holiday Activities
- Certain Wytches Events
- Stroud Book Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Cheltenham Illustration Awards: Tales Through Others Eyes
- La Nina Aurelia
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
IMPRESS Printmaking Festival returns to The Museum in the Park
March 2016 sees the welcome return of the Impress Printmaking Festival at venues across Stroud and the Cotswolds.
Organised by the Thrupp-based Gloucestershire Print Co-operative (GPC), this international festival celebrates every type of print-making through a varied programme of exhibitions, workshops and events across Stroud and the Cotswolds.
The Museum in the Park hosts an eclectic exhibition showcasing work by established and highly acclaimed British artists Peter Blake and Paula Rego and up and coming printmaker Caroline Walker.
The Museum also showcases a fascinating selection of contemporary prints from Hunan Province, China, brought to Stroud via a collaboration between Aberystwyth University Print department and The Printmaking Committee of the Hunan Artist's Association.
The exhibition includes a wide variety of printmaking mediums and approaches and will be accompanied by family drop in workshops on Sunday 6th March and Sunday 20th March. Peter Blake's richly detailed ‘Under Milk Wood' illustrations will be brought to life through readings and music at a special event on Thursday 24th March (book soon if you want to secure a seat!).
Thanks to support from Stroud Festival, a series of Wednesday evening openings has been arranged. The exhibition will be open until 8pm on Wednesdays 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th March, offering those who work or study during the day a chance to enjoy visiting ‘after hours'.
This celebration of printmaking is well worth a visit!
The Impress '16 Printmaking Exhibition at The Museum in the Park runs from Saturday 5th to Wednesday 30th March (closed Mondays).
Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
Work by tapestry artist Anne Jackson exploring 'witchcraft' comes to the Museum in the Park.
Museum retains national quality mark
The Museum in the Park retains official tourist board's quality assurance mark
Children's Festival coming to town this weekend...
Art, music, storytelling and ground-breaking opera for the young at heart! An action-packed weekend of events coming to Stroud celebrating both nature and literature.
Museum Art Gallery Runner Up in Gloucestershire Awards
The Museum in the Park's Art Gallery was recently voted 'Runner Up' in the Gloucestershire Muddy Stilettos Awards 2017.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on