- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Future Exhibitions
- Select Festival 2017: Dis/rupt
- Adam White: Palaeontology is a Dangerous Beast
- Deborah Roberts: Grasslands of the Stroud Valleys
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- School Holiday Activities
- Anglia Textile Works: Events
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
You are invited to step inside a world-famous sculptor's studio!
'Lynn Chadwick: the Maker's Studio' - 14th June to 13th July.
Lynn Chadwick CBE (1914 – 2003) lived and worked for much of his life here in the Stroud valleys. To celebrate his centenary, Gallery Pangolin presents a very unusual exhibition - the first ever recreation of his working studio.
This unique exhibition offers visitors a fascinating insight into how Chadwick actually worked, the tools he used and how he created his incredible sculptures. This is a ‘must-see' exhibition, whether you know his work well or have never heard of him before!
The exhibition is being supported by local firm Daniels TV, and by UK company BOC, a division of the international Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company. Nathan Palmer, Director of bulk and packaged gases at BOC, says: “We are extremely pleased to support Lynn Chadwick's centenary celebration. BOC is very proud that this important British sculptor was a long term customer of our gases and we hope that BOC's vintage collection of 1950s welding equipment will lend authenticity to the studio reconstruction.”
Lynn Chadwick: the Maker's Studio is curated by Gallery Pangolin and shows until 13 July 2014.
Photograph: Lynn Chadwick, photograph by Stan Dutton, courtesy Lypiatt Studio
Animation in Stroud
Did you know that Stroud was home to a famous animation studio? It is a story that was left untold, until now.
Tales of Nonsense...
To coincide with the ‘Tales of Nonsense' 2016 Cheltenham Illustration Awards exhibition at the Museum in the Park, a pop up Illustrators' Fair is set to be staged on Saturday 4th March.
Preliminary Design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre
One highlight from our recent acquisitions case is a 1971 booklet showing an artist's impression of the main hall.
Inspired Tales - Storytelling Workshop For Adults
Celebrate this year's National Storytelling Week and try the storyteller's craft for yourself in a Sunday workshop at Stroud's Museum in the Park on 5 February.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on