- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- School Holiday Activities
- Certain Wytches Events
- Stroud Book Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Cheltenham Illustration Awards: Tales Through Others Eyes
- La Nina Aurelia
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Help celebrate 'Cider with Rosie', Laurie Lee's international bestseller!
Nationally and locally, exciting events are being planned to celebrate the life, writing, landscape and legacy of Stroud's world famous writer, Laurie Lee, who was born on 26 June 1914. Here in Stroud the Museum in the Park invites local people to celebrate Laurie Lee's iconic bestseller, 'Cider with Rosie.'
Artists of all ages and abilities are invited to help create a community exhibition to show at the Museum in June. Taking part is simple: read the book and illustrate one of your favourite scenes, then post your unframed drawing or painting to the Museum by 31st May.
'The exhibition is open to all ages and works can be in any style or medium. 'Cider with Rosie' is known and loved across the world', said Ann Taylor, the Museum's Learning Officer. The book describes Laurie Lee's childhood in rural Gloucestershire in the early 20th Century, when the old way of life in the local valleys and villages was just about to disappear forever. The book is full of beautiful descriptions of the local landscape and wonderful accounts of local characters and everyday life.
We're inviting people of all ages to illustrate their favourite scene from the book. The pictures will be exhibited in June, Laurie Lee's Birthday month. The best entries will be shown on our website and prizes will be awarded for the most creative illustrations which best capture the spirit of the book. Do have a go and take part if you can!
For further information call the Museum on 01453 763394 or use our Contact Us page http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/contact/ and don't forget to visit again soon: the Museum itself is full of paintings, artefacts and costumes which evoke the rural past captured so vividly in 'Cider with Rosie'.
Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
Work by tapestry artist Anne Jackson exploring 'witchcraft' comes to the Museum in the Park.
Museum retains national quality mark
The Museum in the Park retains official tourist board's quality assurance mark
Children's Festival coming to town this weekend...
Art, music, storytelling and ground-breaking opera for the young at heart! An action-packed weekend of events coming to Stroud celebrating both nature and literature.
Museum Art Gallery Runner Up in Gloucestershire Awards
The Museum in the Park's Art Gallery was recently voted 'Runner Up' in the Gloucestershire Muddy Stilettos Awards 2017.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on