- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- Rocks, Minerals and Dinosaurs: A Day of Talks and Demonstrations
- Stroud Childrens Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Deborah Roberts: Grasslands of the Stroud Valleys
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Preliminary Design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre
One highlight from our recent acquisitions case is a 1971 booklet showing an artist's impression of the main hall.
The Museum has recently acquired a donation of over a 100 items, which include plans dating from the 1960s and 1970s of Stratford Park Leisure Centre. They show the centre as it was originally planned, prior to being built and finally opened in 1975.
The Museum is offered around 100 objects or object groups each year. Some of these feature in our temporary Recent Acquisitions Case which is changed once a quarter.
The current display also features material relating to Stroud Festival, a Soda Siphon from Stroud Brewery; material relating to Cashes Green resident Leonard Holder.
These give a highlight of the variety of material offered and held by the Museum, but also how every object has a story.
More information on recent acquisitions can be found here.
Photograph: Bound booklet showing a preliminary design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre, by John Rice D S Roberts Architects, dating from March 1971. The open page shows an artist’s impression of the main hall. (2016.29/51)
The Watery World of the Ichthyosaur
The Museum in the Park in Stroud has put on display an amazing 180 million old Ichthyosaur!
Palaeontology is a Dangerous Beast
An amazing exhibition is set to open on 27 May with some exciting family activities planned for the half term school holidays.
Celebrate Museums at Night at the Museum in the Park
Join the Museum in the Park for this special event staged to celebrate Museums at Night – the UK's ‘lates' festival for the culturally curious.
The alternative St Georges Day at The Museum in the Park, Stroud
Stroud's Museum in the Park is set to mark a wonderfully quirky alternative to St George's Day on Sunday 23 April, 3pm–5pm.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on