- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- School Holiday Activities
- Select 2018: My Nature
- Future Exhibitions
- Sandra Porter: All Things Being Equal
- Select Festival 2018
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- The Story of Animation in Stroud
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Autumn Celebration - Apples & Pumpkins Day
On Sunday 30 October for the first time this popular event will be held in Stroud's Secret Garden.
Stroud Valleys Project are really pleased to be working with the Museum in the Park again this year to bring you the Apples and Pumpkin Day (30th October 2016). Children of all ages, families and anyone with an interest in Apples and Pumpkins are invited to this FREE event!
This will be the first time the event has been held in the new Walled Garden, where a tiny orchard is just beginning to grow.
The day will include a number of apple and pumpkin related activities.
Apple Pressing will take place 11am–12.30 and from 2-3pm. People should bring only one carrier bag of apples for pressing and if they want to take the juice home they should bring a suitable bottle.
Pumpkins can be dropped off at the Museum from 11am-3.30pm. Pumpkins brought after this time must be by prior arrangement.
The day will end with Pumpkin judging at 5.30, with special guest judge Cindy Jefferies, Director of Stroud Children's Book Festival. Stroud Valleys Project will offer prizes from their eco shop in four categories:
- Best carved home grown pumpkin
- Best pumpkin carved by a primary school child
- Best carved pumpkin by a secondary school pupil and,
- Best pumpkin carved by a family.
Apple cake and warm drinks will be on sale throughout the day with the proceeds raising funds for both Stroud Valleys Project and the Museum in the Park. A display of heritage apples from Days Cottage orchard will also be presented - the names alone are a delight!
This is bound to be a fun way of celebrating Autumn and the apple and pumpkin harvest.
Cathedral of Cloth: Celebrating 600 years of Ebley Mill
Thanks to a major grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, visitors will be able to step back in time to the sights and sounds of Ebley Mill for a dramatic new exhibition at The Museum in the Park in February 2018.
December Deep Clean
It’s almost December and we’re once again getting that deep-clean feeling. The Museum will be closing its doors for 2017 from December 4, when we’ll be sprucing the place up for a reopening on New Year’s Day. Read on to find out more about exactly what we get up in this month of closing.
Walled Garden Highly Commended
We are delighted to announce that Austin Design Works have received an award from the Landscape Institute for the Walled Garden project, here at the Museum in the Park.
Museum work showcased
Some of the Museum's work has recently featured in two national reports.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on