- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Future Exhibitions
- Select Festival 2017: Dis/rupt
- Adam White: Palaeontology is a Dangerous Beast
- Deborah Roberts: Grasslands of the Stroud Valleys
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- School Holiday Activities
- Anglia Textile Works: Events
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
New business skills training sessions at The Museum in the Park
Industry expert Abbi Kirby has launched an exciting new (not-for-profit) affordable, training and business skills group.
Creative Network runs business forums for those working in any part of the arts, crafts and design sectors. It's time away from your studio or desk to discover & explore the business dimensions of your work. Learn skills and refresh on existing skills within a facilitated supportive peer-to-peer community.
The 'Creative Network' business forums will run every six weeks from Stroud's Museum in the Park with the first forum running on Wednesday 19th October 2016 at 10.30am - 12.30pm. Further details can be found on Facebook or at the website: www.creativenetwork.org.uk
Each forum will include a training seminar by industry expert Abbi Kirby and will include discussions as well as offering thinking tasks and the chance to have free business mentoring sessions.
Benefits of being part of Creative Network are accessing: low-cost business seminars and training; facilitated discussions; help with doing market research and how to interpret data; support with developing marketing plans; ways to generate leads brushing up on sales and selling techniques; exploration of ways to raise awareness and reach audiences; identify routes to market and sell; expand your networks to create meaningful peer-to-peer support; listen and learn from other peoples' experiences; you'll be set challenges to stretch yourself; feedback sessions to enable you to move forward positively; build your resilience stay positive and motivated.
To attend a session costs £25.
If you attend 5 sessions in a row you qualify for 1 hour free business mentoring with Abbi Kirby.
Drop in as and when you need support.
No contract or monthly payment required.
Email to book and pay online to reserve your place.
Try out your first session for £20.
To register your interest or to ask a question, send a note to: email@example.com
Animation in Stroud
Did you know that Stroud was home to a famous animation studio? It is a story that was left untold, until now.
Tales of Nonsense...
To coincide with the ‘Tales of Nonsense' 2016 Cheltenham Illustration Awards exhibition at the Museum in the Park, a pop up Illustrators' Fair is set to be staged on Saturday 4th March.
Preliminary Design for Stratford Park Leisure Centre
One highlight from our recent acquisitions case is a 1971 booklet showing an artist's impression of the main hall.
Inspired Tales - Storytelling Workshop For Adults
Celebrate this year's National Storytelling Week and try the storyteller's craft for yourself in a Sunday workshop at Stroud's Museum in the Park on 5 February.
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on