- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Thursday Afternoon Talks
- Certain Wytches Events
- Stroud Book Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Cheltenham Illustration Awards: Tales Through Others Eyes
- La Nina Aurelia
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
The Friends of The Museum in the Park is a charitable trust which aims to support the work of the Museum and to promote interest in all aspects of the Museum's work.
We fundraise to support Museum projects and the acquisition of new objects for the collection. Our most recent high profile fundraising has been for the Walled Garden Project. We continue to support the purchase of planting/soft landscaping for the Garden. For more information on the exciting Walled Garden click here. Your support is very important to us, the Museum and all those that benefit from it. Thank you.
Become a Friend...
The Museum Friends always welcome new members. Please download our simple online renew/join membership form here
The Friends of Stroud District Museum Registered Charity Number 1154377
We are part of the British Association of Friends of Museums. The BAFM is a national independent organisation established in 1973, for Friends, volunteers and supporters in museums, galleries and heritage sites.
Please click on the downloads below to open the document you are interested in.
For the Museum's upcoming events, please click here
Use the drop down menu to download previous copies of The Jackdaw
By joining the Friends of the Museum in the Park you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Reductions on tickets to talks, workshops and Friends organised trips.
- Exclusive invitations to exhibition previews.
- A free copy of our quarterly magazine, The Jackdaw, sent direct to you.
With a Friends' membership, you will be entitled to discounts on many of the Museum's listed events, alongside the exclusive Friends organised trips, talks and workshops.
For details of upcoming Friends events, please click here.
Did you know?
In addition to the recent Walled Garden Project, the Museum Friends have had several successful fundraising projects, including the installation of the Museum's donation box (automaton) and funding the much used wooden furniture in the Museum courtyard.
We continue to fundraise for the Walled Garden Project, namely to support the ongoing planting. You can support the project in many ways by attending events, donations or by purchasing a limited edition artist print of the Garden Gate.