- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- School Holiday Activities
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- Outdoor Performances
- Future Exhibitions
- Gypsy Gee: Animal Squatters
- The Robbins and Roberts Pleasure Garden
- Work by Alison Vickery
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Friends of the Museum Events
Membership to the Friends has many advantages, including fantastic discounts on our events. Keep your eye on this page to find out all the exciting things we have planned for this year!
Recent Friends excursions and events have included:
- Hosting Outdoor Theatre fundraising events
- An Auctioneers' Day
- Stoneywell Cottage, Leicester (National Trust)
- London Trip – The Mansion House and Charterhouse
- The Arts and Crafts House at Compton Verney
- Boughton House, Northants
- Baddesley Clinton and Packwood House (National Trust)
SOLD OUT - A Special Gala Evening with Nick Macer: Plant Hunting Around the World
Friday 19 May | 7:15pm - 9:15pm | £15/£12.50 Museum Friends
Nick Macer, plant collector and owner of Pan Global Plants - his specialist nursery in Frampton on Severn, spends several weeks every year searching for rare plants. With expeditions ranging from Vietnam and Mexico to Azerbaijan and Chile, his talk at the Museum promises much of interest. It will be illustrated by his own magnificent photographs.
Nick recently appeared as a guest presenter on the BBC's 'Gardeners World', visiting gardens with special micro-climates to see the surprising plants that could be grown there.
The evening begins with an exploration of the Walled Garden, with Mr Macer’s talk beginning at 7:45pm. The talk will be followed by a glass of wine and light refreshments.
To book your place please call the Museum on 01453 763394.
Visit to Badminton House, Gardens and Church
Thursday 29 June | £35/£30 Friends (including tea)
A rare opportunity to visit one of the great houses of England, Badminton has been the family home of the Duke and Duchess of Beaufort since the late 17th century. Our private tour includes the apartments of the Duke and Duchess – with their magnificent paintings, wonderful plasterwork and fine furniture. There is a famous collection of Elizabethan and Jacobean family portraits.
Afterwards we can wander round the beautiful South garden with its white borders and box beds filled with roses. There will also be be time to visit the church, home of the magnificent memorials of the Dukes and Duchesses of Beaufort. Our tour ends with tea.
The tour starts at 2.15 and members should make their own way to Badminton house.
Offers of lifts for those members without cars would be appreciated.
Maximum numbers are 30 so early booking is advised. Closing date for booking is June 17.
Plan your visit
Select a date to see what’s on. We are closed on Mondays (except Bank Holidays)