- About Us
- Why the Cockerel?
- The History of the Museum
- History of the Museum 1900-1983
- History of the Museum 1983 - Present
- The Cowle Trust
- Special Events
- Pegasus Art Painting Workshops
- Stroud Childrens Festival
- Future Exhibitions
- Deborah Roberts: Grasslands of the Stroud Valleys
- The Robbins and Roberts Pleasure Garden
- Certaine Wytches: Fear, Myth and Magic
- Previous Exhibitions
- 2017 Exhibitions
- 2016 Exhibitions
- 2015 Exhibitions
- 2014 Exhibitions
- 2013 Exhibitions
- 2012 Exhibitions
- 2011 Exhibitions
- 2010 Exhibitions
- 2007 - 2009 Exhibitions
- The Museum Collections
- Collections Enquiries
- Recent Acquisitions
- Mystery Object
- Highlights of the Collection
- Paintings from the Collection
- Wilf Merrett Postcard Collection Gallery
- Featured Objects - The Lawnmower
- Featured Object - Wallbridge Painting
- Featured Object - Spanners
- Featured Object - Baughan Motorcyle
- Featured Collection - Casein
- Featured Collection - Prinknash Pottery
- Collections Policies
- World War One Commemoration Events
- 2014 - One Man's War
- 2015 - Technology and Innovation
- 2016 - The World at War
- 2017 - The Home Front
- 2018 - Medals, Souvenirs and Legacy
- Echoes in Enamel Project
- Stories from the Collection
- Trephined Skull
- Bragg Clock
- Beaker Boy
- Woolly Mammoths
- Friends of the Museum
- Friends Events
- Friends Contributions
- The Gate to The Secret Garden Print
- The Walled Garden Project
- Walled Garden Plan
- Walled Garden Brief History
- Walled Garden Project Photographs
- Secret Garden Public Photography Day 2013
- The first Walled Garden Residency by Quercus
- Only the Flame Remains: A Collection of Poems
- Museum Volunteers
Walled Garden - Taken a Peek Recently?
The new Learning Pavilion in the Walled Garden is having its external fittings, giving a real indication of the final appearance.
It's true what they say about building projects - the apparent lull then all of a sudden bam, there it is!
The Pavilion in the last week or two has really changed its appearance as the external fittings are applied. This has included the Tecu Gold and Tecu Oxide cladding, along with the membrane for the green roof, solar panels and the fitting of the northern light well windows, along with the start of fitting of the large southern facing windows.
If you haven't recently taken a peek through the historic gate into the Garden, then please do...and do it in different weather conditions, the building almost changes with the weather, just as the Garden does.
The photograph is of the Pavilion as at the 4th November 2014. The picture was taken for our weekly post to our Facebook page which we have been doing since the build project started.
The Friends' annual Secret Artist Walled Garden fundraiser is taking place on the 15th and 16th November.
For more on the Walled Garden plan visit: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/walled-garden-project/
More information about the Friends of the Museum can be found here: http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk/friends-of-the-museum/
Older Blog Items
Walled Garden - Springing into Life
This time last year the hard landscaping of the Walled Garden had just been completed - difficult to remember now, how it looked!
Walled Garden - Now Open!
The Walled Garden is brought back to life...
Walled Garden - Secrets to be revealed
A lot has been happening in the background in the Walled Garden...
Plan your visit
Select a date from the calendar to see what's on